History B (SHP) will hopefully encourage you to become curious, to develop your own opinions based on a respect for evidence, and to build a deeper understanding of the present by engaging with and questioning the past.
OCR’s GCSE (9–1) History B (SHP) will enable you to:
• develop and extend your knowledge and understanding of specified key events, periods and societies in local, British and wider world history; and of the wide diversity of human experience
• engage in historical enquiry to develop as an independent learner and as a critical and reflective thinker
• develop the ability to ask relevant questions about the past, to investigate issues critically and to make valid historical claims by using a range of sources in their historical context
• develop an awareness of why people, events and developments have been accorded historical significance and how and why different interpretations have been constructed about them
• organise and communicate your historical knowledge and understanding in different ways and reach substantiated conclusions.